- This event has passed.
Stir: A Far Cry the Gardner’s resident chamber orchestra
December 7, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$12 - $27
Order your tickets starting July 26 at 10 am! Members and patrons enjoy exclusive access to tickets before they become available to the public on Wednesday, August 9. Love music, but not yet a member? Join today!
Quick tip: Once the presale begins, adding a membership to your ticket purchase will allow you to buy presale tickets at the member rate.
“The AFC Challenge”
- Glass, Echorus
- Cage, “Nearly Stationary” from String Quartet
- Shostakovich, Scherzo from Two Pieces for String Octet
- Webern, 5 Movements, Op. 5
- Hossfeld, “... and ZOMBIES” from concerto GROSSO
- Ligeti, Ramifications
- Usui, In Digestion
- Xenakis, Voile
TICKETS | Museum admission
Tickets are required and include Museum admission: adults $27, seniors $24, members $17, students and children 7–17 $12 (children under 7 not admitted).
HOW TO BUY TICKETS
- Online, by clicking the GET TICKETS button in the calendar entry for each concert, starting at 10 am on July 26*
- By calling the box office at 617 278 5156, Wednesday-Monday, 10 am-4 pm*
- In person:Visit the Museum and purchase at the door, Wednesday-Monday, 11 am-4:30 pm
*Handling charges apply to these orders.
The Artist-in-Residence Program is directed by Pieranna Cavalchini, the Tom and Lisa Blumenthal Curator of Contemporary Art, and is supported, in part, by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Barbara Lee Program Fund. This program also is supported in part by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, which receives support from the State of Massachusetts and the National Endowment for the Arts.